Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Month 19: Going Back to Work Surprise

At the end of May, H and I decided that I would call the office to find out if there was a work from home role available for me, to go back to work. It was a compromise of sorts, as he did not want me to spend too much energy and time on work, and dealing with stress, the end result being that I would be to exhausted and tired to spend time with Xuan and at home. I agreed, as I did not relish spending a couple of hours a day being stuck in traffic when I can be at home with Xuan, or working late nights and not spending time together as a family.



Luckily for me, my boss is a very caring and wonderful boss, she directed me to talk to someone for potential roles that allow me to work from home, and after a couple of conversations with him, I ended up with a new role, reporting to him as my new boss. I can’t thank my old boss enough, for being a fantastic boss when I was working with her, and now, she was kind enough to help me look for another role. So, in early-July it was decided that I would go back to work, starting 1-Sept-2010.


Then started a whirlwind of activities involving us looking for a maid to take care of Xuan, under my mom’s supervision when I go into office to work, or under my supervision when I would work from home. It was not easy trying to find agency and biodata that we felt comfortable with. Furthermore, we didn’t really have time to look around, as we had less than 2 months to get the maid here before I start work. Thanks to a lovely and selfless friend who recommended a maid agency to us, we found an agent that we felt comfortable with, as she asked detailed questions about our needs and expectations, and she was also truthful to us that she might not be able to give us a biodata, as she had a long client waiting list, including my friend, who was looking for a maid to replace her current maid. Finally, the agent sent us a biodata, and we decided to go with this maid. Then I found out that this biodata was actually sent to my friend, and she selflessly asked the agent to give that biodata to me instead, as she knew we needed to maid urgently by September.


Just when everything was settled...H and I had a surprise. I was late for 4 days...and we were wondering...could it be? To be honest, I couldn’t believe that we could be...we weren’t even trying. However, I am usually very regular, plus minus 1 or 2 days at the most, and the only other time I was late for 4 days was when we found out we were pregnant with Xuan. I couldn’t help hoping, but also couldn’t help thinking that the timing was less than ideal...I felt that Xuan was still so young...she is not even 2. In addition, I was due back to work in a month...and knowing me, my morning sickness would be horrendous. I could not imagine going back to work, taking care of Xuan, feeling exhausted and throwing up 5 times a day, all at the same time. But sure enough, when we did the HPT on Sunday morning, 1-Aug-2010, there were 2 lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment